Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectit's already diminished. look what they did to Star Wars ffs
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=735584&mesg_id=735681
735681, it's already diminished. look what they did to Star Wars ffs
Posted by araQual, Thu Aug-22-19 07:41 AM
i'm not even a SW head like that, but even i was left completely unmoved by TFA and TLJ. and apparently a LOT of how they treated the OG characters (see: killing em or making em part of the toxic patriarchy woke brigade, & not having any OG trilogy iconography at Galaxy's Edge) has to do with percentage points.
George still has his fingers in the pie when it comes to the OG shit, so Disney tasked their parks and filmmakers to dismantle the old and usher in the new. Bad Robot is part of this, too. they been workin overtime ruining SW AND Star Trek.

but it looks like ultimately licensing and profits are the driving force here ("force" joke intended).
that, and Disney's desire to turn into a WOKE Wolfram & Hart, are killing, and will continue to kill, all of our favourite IPs.

the MCU is next.
i already heard alarm bells in my head when i got done watchin Captain Marvel (still the worst MCU film to date). and with the recent news of Disney cookin their books? it's a safe bet they fudged that film's numbers, possibly inflated it by buying up seats at essentially empty theaters.

this shit's a fuckn MESS.

V.