Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI binged this season, thankfully. HBO has another all-timer on their hands.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=735469&mesg_id=737963
737963, I binged this season, thankfully. HBO has another all-timer on their hands.
Posted by Cold Truth, Mon Feb-10-20 01:54 AM
Watchmen is/was brilliant, and I'm in the camp that Hope's it gets a full series. For now I view it as the limited series it's been presented as.

I lived the fuck out of the first season and couldn't wait for this one. I missed a couple reps early, got stuck on other things and just decided to dive back in down the road.

I binged both seasons, all the way through, over the last week. I love the fact that I enjoy listening to shows as much as watching them, I'll say that.

This was as superb second season as any, fleshing out their world while building on the major stories from the first. I love that they used the cruise so effectively, turning what could have been merely a great Greg/Tom sideshow into a disruptive, game changing force, all the way to the bitter(sweet!) End.

Greg is out here on some Varys shit, lying in wait and taking a a shot at kingmaker.

Everyone kills their roles, but Cox and Strong are the backbone. Watching Kendall just eat shit while serving as Logan's attack dog/right hand was something to behold, and the last couple of scenes were a perfect bookend to last seasons finale.

Here's hoping this team makes good for another few seasons, because this shit has an early claim to a seat at the big table, with Sopranos and GoT.