Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectSyphilis - the MySpace of STDs
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=735469&mesg_id=736010
736010, Syphilis - the MySpace of STDs
Posted by Brew, Tue Sep-17-19 11:41 AM
Legit LOL'd.

Another great ep.

I will say though that I'm a little confused by Marcia thus far this season. Either (a) they're setting us up for some surprise move by her later in the season/series, or (b) they're doing a rush/poor job fleshing out her character. Cause if there's no bigger storyline coming for her, then her outburst at dinner in ep5 seems wildly out of character/out of place.

I mean I think we'd all agree that she's clearly in it for the money w/Logan, primarily. But that being the case, she'd know better than to torpedo such an important dinner like last week's. The kids' messiness at dinner was expected and on-brand. But Marcia, to this point in the series, has seemed more calculated and disciplined than to pull some shit like that.

Especially when in the very next episode she's smiling slyly at Logan as he rubs her face, talking about "if I'm with someone I'm *with* them," and chastising Shiv for doing "too much" @ the panel discussion. That just seems lazy on the part of the writers if they don't have larger plans for her later on.

That's only a minor gripe though. This show is fantastic.