Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectDoom patrol (DC Universe streaming series)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=735068
735068, Doom patrol (DC Universe streaming series)
Posted by handle, Thu May-23-19 11:04 AM
Man, this is a WIERD show.

Brendan Fraser is pretty much perfect in this.

Timothy Dalton is amazing here - he's a cross between Sean Connery and Patrick Stewart .

And the actress who plays Crazy Jane is really good too.

I'm 10 episodes in and I haven't figured out WTF is going on.

It's really like a comic book run with weird side stories happening. Still don't know what's up with the talking cockroach.

Only thing I don't like is the amount of time they spend on re-living people's regrets - it's legitimately 40% of each episode.

But "Danny the street' and "The Beardhunter" were worth it.

Here's a scene right after Cyborg shows up and Jane shows a few personalities: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PenYmCrpnqY

735100, Don't sleep - its uneven but good
Posted by handle, Sun May-26-19 04:27 PM
I think it's better than Legion S2.
735103, RE: Doom patrol (DC Universe streaming series)
Posted by go mack, Mon May-27-19 05:23 PM
been thinking of subscribing just for the animated series and comics. If the new shows are good too, man. I think I'll supsend Hulu and give it a try.
736623, I'm only on the 5th episode but I LOVE this
Posted by navajo joe, Sat Nov-09-19 11:01 AM
It's so wonderfully weird and fun. Brendan Fraser's voice work is the crown jewel of a fantastic cast. I'm glad this is getting a second season

I'm all about this
736633, Glad someone else is watching it
Posted by handle, Sat Nov-09-19 08:53 PM
Other than my 1 friend who I let use my membership there's not a single person I know who actually watched it.

I really enjoyed it.
738213, Bluray on sale for $9.99 right now
Posted by handle, Sun Mar-15-20 09:03 PM
Amazon and Walmart - it's definitely worth $9.99
740308, Diggin the Doom Patrol (on HBO Max now)
Posted by Voodoochilde, Tue Jan-05-21 12:09 AM
we're 2/3rds through season 1 and are having a ball with this show so far. It knows what it is and owns it. I agree, I'd never seen or paid attention to stuff that Brandan Frasier was in prior to this, but he's really great in this show here. His timing/delivery is just perfect for his character.

looking forward to finishing up season 1 and jumping right into season 2.