Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectMy favorite current writer for creator-owned stuff is Si Spurrier
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=734917&mesg_id=734988
734988, My favorite current writer for creator-owned stuff is Si Spurrier
Posted by lonesome_d, Fri May-17-19 10:49 AM
books tend to mix genres together, works with a wide variety of artists that can affect the feel of a book enormously, and tends to write in six-issue complete stories (which I love). Apparently he's writing for Marvel now which is a bit of a disappointment, but if the libraries get any of his trades in I'll check them out. I'm more interested in his work on the Jim Henson properties though.

Of the creator-owned stuff:

I remember really liking the issues of Gutsville that came out, but that was over ten years back and was never finished.

Top pick: The Spire is high sci-fi/fantasy, a little dense but I loved it.

Second: Six-Gun Gorilla was the first of his more recent spate to get my attention, sci-fi Western with a talking gorilla who carries guns. MrHhood75's argument that talking primates can make any book better holds true.

Third: current book CODA, high fantasy political intrigue, sort of.

Also:

Weavers is a fantasy mobster noir.

Angelic is pretty much family-friendly dystopian sci-fi, genetically modified and technologically enhanced animals that survived humanity's last war. My tweens loved it. I thought it was very good.

Cry Havoc is fantasy/war. Good, and brutal.