Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI'm not advocating for Bucky to be Cap. I want the White Wolf.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=734416&mesg_id=734805
734805, I'm not advocating for Bucky to be Cap. I want the White Wolf.
Posted by Cold Truth, Sun May-05-19 12:17 AM
I'm just pointing out that Bucky can handle the physical elements in ways that Sam can't.

And no, he didn't put up a good fight against Crossbones. He got his ass whooped. He did a great job taking an ass whoopin.

Anyhow, I'm good with Sam from a "spiritual" successor standpoint. I have no qualms with him upholding the integrity of that shield, and he's the right "person" to take the mantle.

But he's missing a very critical element of what made Cap special. Let's not act like Steve's willingness to throw himself on a grenade was enough. It was enough to make him the right guy to give the serum to, but without that serum, he's a dead man.

The physical difference is where I have an issue with Sam, and I was simply pointing out that Bucky has the physical prowess. As in my convo with OE, I've got no beef with Sam the man taking that mantle.

Further thought leaves me intrigued by that physical difference, however. Because there's a quality story to tell, with him trying to fill Cap's shoes while missing that physical aspect.

I'm hoping Bucky proves a good sidekick though, because he can carry some of that weight by giving Sam the same loyalty Sam gave Cap. I still want to see the White Wolf explored, with Bucky acting both as a sidekick to Sam (Cap), but also as T'Challa's adopted "brother". I'd also like to see his relationship with Shuri develop (not romantically, at least not necessarily).

All in all I like Sam, but I need to see him beefed up a bit from a power standpoint. Give him some higher-end Wakandan or Stark tech for his Cap suit and I'm good.