Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectquick initial thoughts (spoilers obviously)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=734416&mesg_id=734495
734495, quick initial thoughts (spoilers obviously)
Posted by xangeluvr, Thu Apr-25-19 07:29 PM
i assume this discussion post is only for those that have seen it, right? so this is a spoiler zone.

-first off, overall they delivered. as with when i first watched IW i can't believe they managed a 22 movie arc like this and were able to get it to screen and somehow make this shit work.

-thanos, gauntlet or not, was fucking everyone up. i actually felt like he was a bit too powerful and it didn't make sense. like are all titans that strong or was it partially cuz the armor he had on powered him up or something like that?

-why did they essentially sideline the hulk again? there he was in his green glory with banner mind, but all we saw was the banner mind. no hulk smash at all.

-its been said in reviews already, but i must say i definitely liked the way they structured this movie. IW was thanos' movie with the avengers trying to stop him, this was the Avengers' movie with thanos trying to stop them. perfect companions.

-thor!! haha, i fucking love what they've been able to do with his character the last 3 movies starting with Ragnarok.

-its really strange thinking about how this will continue with the main team in cap, tony and natasha, but it makes sense that they would end this arc essentially with how they started it by giving these 3 the focus. the foreshadowing of nat going was a bit heavy, but in the end it worked and i like how as a whole they made a great character out of her considering she was basically a "weak" human amongst these superpowered beings. tony, well i think everyone saw that coming, but for me it didn't diminish the moment in the least when stared thanos down and said you know what. cap? well, same. i think his ending with you know who was easy to see coming too.

-continuing my thoughts of the last point, i'm feeling a bit concerned about how they manage without essentially the heart of the mcu. coupled with the fact that the farther away the stories get from earth the bigger risk i feel they will lose their grounding. of course, i shouldn't really be doubting them, they've come this far already.

-some reviews said the first hour dragged just a bit, but actually it was the second hour that i felt myself getting antsy and, not bored, but at least wanting them to push along. however, i fully admit that i was, and am, exhausted from lack of sleep and work the last 48 hours, so we'll see if i feel the same after a 2nd viewing.

-I mentioned it un the above post, but the ending soundbite after the credits was perfect. Again, ending as they started.

anyway, i'm tired and those are just a couple thoughts. i have many more, but as i mentioned i will wait till after a 2nd viewing and i have some more time to think on it.