Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectMaybe I need to see it again. Good, not great.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=733235&mesg_id=735107
735107, Maybe I need to see it again. Good, not great.
Posted by WarriorPoet415, Tue May-28-19 08:59 AM
Honestly, some of the gun battles and fight scenes went on too long.

*spoiler alert*

Like when he's fighting the two disciples of the main assassin, that shit went on forever. how many glass cases did they kick him through in the beginning. But main dude also said "you only die by my knife"

So I had to watch this drawn out ass scene knowing that right afterwards, I gotta watch ANOTHER drawn out ass fight? Shit. At that point I got a little impatient

*spoiler end*

My only other gripe is the plot (i know, I know). This ain't really a deeply plotted franchise, which I get. But it just seemed JW was pretty aimless. Like he's incommunicado and he's just throwing up hail mary's. Lucky there was some ritual he could perform to get him out of trouble but...the elder was the first bit of lore in their world building that just seemed tacked on.

Other than those two gripes, it freakin' delivered action wise, even when it was being ridiculous (a horse escape man?). Maybe a few too many cut away shots of people reloading, but that's just me nitpicking. It could of probably been trimmed a good 10 minutes or so.

Still a top notch action franchise.

"To Each His Reach"

but.....

Fuck aliens.