Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectThe fish out of water didn't work for me
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=732977&mesg_id=739004
739004, The fish out of water didn't work for me
Posted by handle, Mon Jun-29-20 12:27 PM
Tessa was supposed to mirror's Will's fish out of water/ astonishment to be introduced to the MIB universe.

But she had no one showing her the ropes really. Hemsowroth and Neeson did not fulfill the TLJ or Rip Torn roles in any understandable way.

I'd imagine for many people/kids this would be their first MIB movie- and it didn't really build the world at all.

Hemsworth is so vacant/bland he's worthless. (Kind of explained by being neuralized - but not really.) He didn't even seem competent.

Why the fuck do you have the most powerful weapon in the universe and you don't have it in your pocket, you just leave it laying out for anyone to grab? Just stupid.

Kumail's alien seemed to be put in there to try to make what was happening slightly understandable - but he's never used as a real character - just as a joke machine until he ultimately saves everyone.

I didn't HATE the movie - but it's no part 1 or part 3.

Also in 4k you could see the ladies nipples get hard every time they had a 20 second gaze at Hemsworth.