Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectMen In Black: International (F. Gary Gray, 2019)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=732977
732977, Men In Black: International (F. Gary Gray, 2019)
Posted by j0510, Thu Dec-20-18 09:18 AM
MEN IN BLACK: INTERNATIONAL - Official Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV-WEb2oxLk
732979, looks fun. franchise needed new characters.
Posted by High Society, Thu Dec-20-18 12:27 PM
these 2 have amazing chemistry.
Tessa is bae.
732981, IN
Posted by navajo joe, Thu Dec-20-18 04:32 PM
Tessa has ALL of everything
Hemsworth is an amazing comedic performer

they already have displayed incredible chemistry

Gary Gray can be a really solid filmmaker

734497, MEN IN BLACK: INTERNATIONAL - Official Trailer #2
Posted by j0510, Thu Apr-25-19 08:13 PM
MEN IN BLACK: INTERNATIONAL - Official Trailer #2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3lJwV7ZIIk
736083, I Seen It A Few Weeks Ago And I Have To Say I Enjoyed It
Posted by Dj Joey Joe, Tue Sep-24-19 11:20 PM
I'm bringing up this post cause I was surprised to not see it on the first few pages even though it's been out for a while but I thought it was going to be bad so I waited until it came to the budget theater in my town to check it out and I was surprised how much I liked it.

I like how know we have the ability to do great digital effects and the aliens even more lifelike to the point they have their own look and differences if they were more than one race of aliens.

I didn't really care for Chris Hemsworth's character much but I liked how he was kind of suppose to play a playboy agent with an big ego, so I'm not sure how much of that was the actor verses the script.

I loved Tessa Thompson's character a lot, this was a really well put together storyline, no movie is perfect, and yes it was times I was bored but almost every movie has one or two minutes of useless scenes to me, overall not once did I missed Will Smith or Tommy Lee Jones' character, Agent "O" (Emma Thompson) kind of filled that gap and did well.

Not sure how well or bad this did in the theaters but I wouldn't mind another MIB movie, hopefully starring Agent "M" again.

739000, BLAND
Posted by handle, Sun Jun-28-20 10:48 AM
I watched this yesterday hoping for some fun.

Well - there's no real fun - it's just super bland.

The chemistry between the two leads was completely missing here - and we *know* they had it in Thor Ragnarok.

There are jokes and sayings here that depend on something being set up and called back - but they NEVER set any jokes up.

Liam Neeson is no Rip Torn or TLJ.

The two twin guys (Les Twins) who are the "bad guys" take the form of a shop keeper they kill - but for some reason they change their hair so we can tell it's a set of twins and not a one guy cloned.

And of course they have a scene where those guys have to dance.

There was little world building here - it was much more effective in the original MIB.

What was good? Some of the effects - especially the twins in their non human form looked super cool.

If you're 8-14 year kid has little imagination then they will love this movie. Otherwise just show them the original.
739001, The movie was alright to me, but it suffered because...
Posted by obsidianchrysalis, Sun Jun-28-20 11:12 PM
The movie was alright to me, but it suffered because it has to be compared to the first two which were amazing movies in their own right.

If this was titled 'Alien Cops' instead of MIB the movie might have stood out more because in comparison to the Will/TLJ movies this one didn't meet that threshold, to me at least.

But it was fun, if also, unfortunately, unremarkable.
739004, The fish out of water didn't work for me
Posted by handle, Mon Jun-29-20 12:27 PM
Tessa was supposed to mirror's Will's fish out of water/ astonishment to be introduced to the MIB universe.

But she had no one showing her the ropes really. Hemsowroth and Neeson did not fulfill the TLJ or Rip Torn roles in any understandable way.

I'd imagine for many people/kids this would be their first MIB movie- and it didn't really build the world at all.

Hemsworth is so vacant/bland he's worthless. (Kind of explained by being neuralized - but not really.) He didn't even seem competent.

Why the fuck do you have the most powerful weapon in the universe and you don't have it in your pocket, you just leave it laying out for anyone to grab? Just stupid.

Kumail's alien seemed to be put in there to try to make what was happening slightly understandable - but he's never used as a real character - just as a joke machine until he ultimately saves everyone.

I didn't HATE the movie - but it's no part 1 or part 3.

Also in 4k you could see the ladies nipples get hard every time they had a 20 second gaze at Hemsworth.
739016, LMAO @ this:
Posted by Ray_Snill, Fri Jul-03-20 07:38 PM
>Also in 4k you could see the ladies nipples get hard every
>time they had a 20 second gaze at Hemsworth.
>

<=========================================
https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/PYzh4v9cSf4FDnq3yMQyqNqh79o=/800x0/filters:no_upscale%28%29/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4079674/jlio.0.gif
739022, Yeah I was super bored
Posted by pretentious username, Sun Jul-05-20 04:08 PM
I like all 3 originals and this was a big snoozer

>The chemistry between the two leads was completely missing
>here - and we *know* they had it in Thor Ragnarok.
>

This definitely bothered me the most. I was all for injecting some new blood in this franchise and these two have proven chemistry on screen... that was nowhere to be found in this movie.