Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectRE: Nice reply
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=732255&mesg_id=732297
732297, RE: Nice reply
Posted by howisya, Mon Oct-22-18 08:19 PM
>its been 10 to 20 years on
>some of them so thinking of re-watching.

same here!

>I do remember liking
>Elm Street 1, 3 and New Nightmare above the others as well and
>was more into Freddy than Jason.

i appreciate the psychology of freddy instead of the brutishness of jason, but those friday movies have their charm (so to speak). wes craven was also a way better director than sean s. cunningham.

>Never saw Hellraiser in all my years so may give it a shot.

of all of the iconic horror villains, pinhead probably looks the goofiest out of context, which i'm sure throws off a lot of people who might otherwise be interested. the first two films of this series especially have some mesmerizing and deeply unsettling imagery. i was shook when i watched them. the score by christopher young is really good. clive barker directed the first film (his best work as a director) and rejected a score submitted by the industrial electronic group coil as being too disturbing, which is a statement. as much as i like that music, it would have given a different tone, and young's more traditional score lends a majestic and romantic quality that fits perfectly. i should probably watch more in this series. i remember reading about how the director of doctor strange had done a hellraiser, and although i haven't seen it i made the connection in the visual language easily.