Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectEpisode 8: The Season Finale (I guess)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=732011&mesg_id=737521
737521, Episode 8: The Season Finale (I guess)
Posted by BigWorm, Fri Dec-27-19 07:18 AM
A good enough episode, but for me it fell a little flat as a season finale. It didn't pack enough of a punch to have me eager for the next season.

SPOILER:

That was a lightsaber that Giancarlo Esposito had, right? It looked kind of like it but not quite. If it was that's at least a little more intriguing.

I'm glad they finally gathered in a set supporting cast, instead of mostly new characters every episode--even if right now we only have about three. I'll take it.

I hope they delve into Esposito's backstory in the future. That's probably just because he was such a complex villain in Breaking Bad that I want this show to really make use of the actor's range.

I'd give it a solid B. Very entertaining, but the only "OH SHIT" moment happened in the very first episode with the baby Yoda reveal. The rest was well done eye candy that didn't really make me feel any kind of way.

Now, sadly, unless Disney have some BIG surprises ahead, we have to wait a whole year before they hit us with another potentially exciting show. Hopefully so or they might start losing subscribers mighty quick. I (perhaps unwisely) paid for a year subscription, so I guess I'm in it for the long term regardless.