Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectThis episode was great. Only complaint is that I want more.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=732011&mesg_id=736760
736760, This episode was great. Only complaint is that I want more.
Posted by soulfunk, Fri Nov-15-19 02:14 PM
But wow - I'm loving the pace of this series, and they are really digging into the idea of it being a space western.

"The child" is completely adorable, they better not let anything happen to him. I got so much anxiety in this episode when the Mandalorian would leave him alone for a second.

I think this episode established a few things - first it continued from episode 1 in showing that while the Mandalorian is a badass, he's far from perfect and will absolutely struggle. Second it confirmed that he absolutely has a code of honor. The fact that he showed such genuine gratitude to Nick Nolte's character means that I also believe he'll show gratitude towards "The Child" for saving him from whatever that creature was. He tried to heal his arm earlier in the episode also, but it's clear the the Mandalorian doesn't understand or recognize the Force at all.

For the future, I definitely think the doctor from the first episode wants to study and clone the child. I really wonder what will happen to him - he obviously isn't involved in the sequel trilogy (at least at this point) - is he still alive somewhere? There's no way they kill off something that cute.