Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI don't blame you.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=731740&mesg_id=731761
731761, I don't blame you.
Posted by BigWorm, Thu Sep-20-18 02:16 PM
Unless you're a completest or just all-purpose fan:

JJ S2 is disappointing
Both seasons of Iron Fist are not good.
DD S2 was only ok.

But The Punisher was actually pretty good. Mostly because it tried hard to distance itself from the other shows.

It feels more like a crime drama about a dude with severe PTSD fighting his inner demons by shooting up people who just happen to be bad.

Jon Bernthal really sells it. If you can overlook the fact that it's a Marvel show, it's worth a shot. The only real connections are o' girl from Daredevil shows up for a couple episodes, and then there's the obligatory Turk cameo. That's really it though. You can watch this without having seen any of the other shows.

But yeah, if the burnout is real...eh, there's plenty of other stuff out there.

Oh, and I think the events in IW guaranteed that the Netflix shows will never directly tie into the movies. Pre-Infinity War, I bet they might have attempted a crossover if the Netflix shows had views on the level of Game of Thrones/Walking Dead right from jump. But there's no way they're going to jeopardize a billion dollar franchise with shows that have gotten lukewarm reception at best.