Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subject3 episodes in, no spoilers
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=731519&mesg_id=731524
731524, 3 episodes in, no spoilers
Posted by BigWorm, Tue Sep-04-18 09:45 AM
I like it. It picks up right where the first lets off.

What I both appreciate and find frustrating with the show is Jason Bateman's character. So far at least. You compare it to a show like Breaking Bad, about this low key narcissist teacher becoming a drug lord, and he's always trying to think a few steps ahead, even when characters and situations catch him off guard.

But Bateman's character is all about thinking on the spot and talking his way out of a situation, with almost foresight. His whole position is to put out fire after fire without really thinking about all the shit that's coming to a boil.

So it's exciting to see him constantly thinking on his toes and slithering out of threatening situations, but unless there is a huge twist and character development on the way, the character really doesn't anticipate or do anything to prepare or guard himself from the many people out to totally screw his plans.

And nobody spoil it, but I just know those mf-ing kids are going to cause more problems with that money they skimmed.

I do like that, despite the adultery stuff in the first season, Laura Linney's character is a WAY better, stronger female lead than the wife in Breaking Bad.

Overall, the best drama/thriller show I'm watching right now. If I didn't have kids I'd have binged the whole season on Sunday.