Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI am WAY LATE to this convo, but glad I am.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=731238&mesg_id=738898
738898, I am WAY LATE to this convo, but glad I am.
Posted by Mr. ManC, Wed Jun-10-20 12:19 PM
Friends at work told me about this show long ago, but the way my work schedule was I could never find time to catch up on the series. Then Covid, protests, politics, etc left me with a lot of time on my hands so I binge watched the season Sunday.

Bravo. I am actually glad I saw it now that then because my entire world view is different. To see this show and see Tulsa and Black being brutalized, then Black cops shot by a White supremacist in a traffic stop, then people wearing masks for protection, then down to even the yellow writing mimicking "Black Lives Matter" on Washington Ave, Hooded Justice and episode 6, manipulative media, traumatized whites that protect themselves in tinfoil lined "red (maga) hats".

OMG it is sensory overload. I have been a fan of Lindloff for his story telling, and my girlfriend hated him for his "Lost" betrayal because of a poor ending. But I would always say that his technique was something to be appreciated, and that with a storyline and SUBSTANCE it could be amazing. I wish I could unsee episode 6 just to go back and rewatch it again for the first time. Omg the way things were sprinkled and breadcrumbed up to that episode, man oh man. I wish that had tied into the ending differently -

*SPOILERS*

At first I thought Trieu was building a machine to mimic the Cyclops technology that Will used, and they were teaming up to mind control White people to atone for their sins both in America and in Vietnam. But not mad at how things were turned out. Bravo again.