Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectInsecure Season 3
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=731152
731152, Insecure Season 3
Posted by bwood, Sun Aug-12-18 07:48 AM
Issa back tonight. With no Lawrence this season, let's see what shit she gets into.
731154, This shit came out of the gate real messy
Posted by bwood, Mon Aug-13-18 07:41 AM
WTF was Issa thinking with that party Lyft?
731178, RE: This shit came out of the gate real messy
Posted by rdhull, Mon Aug-13-18 11:29 PM
>WTF was Issa thinking with that party Lyft?

her whole thought process is kind of messy
731184, definitely against the rules of Lyft/Uber
Posted by jrocc, Tue Aug-14-18 12:45 PM
731179, Still great.
Posted by Ryan M, Tue Aug-14-18 01:38 AM
731274, Good change of pace for this second episode
Posted by bwood, Sun Aug-19-18 10:00 PM
Issa trying to get it together.
731275, "Radio Shack isn't even a store anymore."
Posted by mrhood75, Mon Aug-20-18 12:35 AM
Dope episode. Their "club" episodes have always been good.

Shout out to OKP DJ R-Tistic for making an on-screen appearance.
731936, Yo this was a solid season.
Posted by bwood, Mon Oct-01-18 02:03 PM
Nice to see the show growing up.

Also, it's gonna be wild seeing Issa and Molly date dudes who are living together.
731956, yeah i really liked it...coulda gone longer but better leaving us wanting more
Posted by gumz, Tue Oct-02-18 10:26 AM
they set up some interesting things for next season. Only one I'm not interested in seeing is the drama between Issa and ol' girl who is dating Lawrence
731966, Question
Posted by obsidianchrysalis, Tue Oct-02-18 08:06 PM
What are your thoughts regarding fans' disappointment in the course and pace of this season?

Do you think fans just wanted more plot points or do you think they aren't interested in the interior lives of these characters?

I personally liked the season. The direction of the episodes seemed to reflect that maturity of the characters themselves.

I get it that the show raised questions without discernible payoffs. But from what Issa said during the Wine Down for the finale, the upcoming season's aim is to resolve many of the open-endedness of this most recent season.
731971, I haven't seen anyone disappointed.
Posted by bwood, Wed Oct-03-18 07:14 AM
But every season is short. Honestly, this season to me was a transitional season. The characters are all taking the next step in life, for better or worse, and trying to grow up. If people can't relate to that, then I don't know what to tell them...
735912, I am SUPER late on this show
Posted by BigWorm, Fri Sep-06-19 01:39 PM
Having said that...seasons 1 & 2 were FIRE. Season 3 is so bad that I stopped watching at episode 4 and I may or may not finish it.

The dialogue, story, lack of direction, acting--it was all just terrible. I couldn't even ignore how bad it was.

This shit should have ended with season 2. Season 2 capped it off nicely.

I'm glad Phoebe Waller-Bridge (sp?) knew to when to end Fleabag, because it could have turned into this shit.

Is this getting a 4th season, or is it done? Considering Issa Rae is doing that sketch comedy now, I hope Insecure is done.

Man it is so rare that I love a show so much only to have it fall off after just two seasons. I think that happens with a lot of people, but usually by season 2 I'm committed to the ride. Season 3 is just all about Issa smiling awkwardly and saying/doing shit way out of character.
735919, they just started filming season 4
Posted by Hitokiri, Sat Sep-07-19 11:23 AM