Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectFinale...meh...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=730949&mesg_id=739929
739929, Finale...meh...
Posted by soulfunk, Mon Nov-30-20 10:24 AM
It was okay. As an episode it was a bit strange because the run time was much shorter than I expected. Certain storylines for tied up much quicker than I would have thought, and others were drawn out a bit. The Smutney story getting tied up with the quick scene of them getting their keys back was really quick. I was actually impressed with how tight it was, until I saw how short the episode was and we got so much drawn out with Josto and the nurse for them to die pretty conventionally. I wonder if having to finish shooting during the pandemic affected the original plan for the season.

I'm guessing the last scene with Ethelrida was her reading her history report at a college admissions or something, though I noticed that same painting from Loy's office was on the wall (the real one since his was a print?) With the season beginning with her narrating (and reading this report I guess) I would have expected a bit more of an explanation of who she was reading it to or where she was...

Loy went out just like I expected. He "won" the war but at the end got held back by the institutional system of America - at the end of the day he was a small time black gangster going up against the worldwide Italian mafia. I was just waiting for his death at the end from Zelmare...they drew that out and foreshadowed it with multiple shots of oranges. Only surprise was it being with a knife. That being said I love that Satchel made it home before this happened.

Overall this was an entertaining season of TV, but definitely below the normal Fargo standard.