Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectYeah I don't get that. As soon as they let him go any leverage
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=730949&mesg_id=739700
739700, Yeah I don't get that. As soon as they let him go any leverage
Posted by soulfunk, Tue Oct-27-20 12:31 PM
they had over him was gone - telling him to go bring Satchel back (which was a suicide mission for the cop) just doesn't make sense to me. Then dude goes in the house and acts surprised when he hears about Gaetano being held by the Cannons. Why not let them know right then and there about like "yeah I know where he's being held!"

I guess that could be the only explanation if you want to stretch it - that he couldn't tell the Faddas what he knew because he'd be admitting that he helped the Cannons apprehend Gaetano, and maybe he thought he'd be instantly killed by Josto as soon as he let them know where Gaetano was being held. But that's too much of a stretch to me to think that Chris Rock and the crew would trust him enough to go back to the Italians to get Satchel without giving them up.

Which brings me to the other annoying aspect of this episode - why are they keeping Gaetano alive??? At this point they are completely justified in killing him since he ordered the failed hit on his older son and also took out Doctor Senator. Yes it puts Satchel in more danger, but as we saw with Josto ordering the hit on Satchel the war was already escalated past that point.

This season is entertaining - I'm invested in the story and really want to see how it will all turn out. But you have to shut your brain off, and I expect a bit more than that from Fargo.