Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI am having a harder time getting into this season.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=730949&mesg_id=739605
739605, I am having a harder time getting into this season.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Mon Oct-12-20 02:55 PM
It's got a lot of things going for it. Namely:

Jessie Buckley as Oraetta Mayflower
Glynn Turman as Doctor Senator
Timothy Olyphant as Dick "Deafy" Wickware
Ben Whishaw as Rabbi Milligan
E'myri Crutchfield as Ethelrida Pearl Smutny

But I got to say there are two things that I am having a hard time with starting with Chris Rock as a crime boss. I can't tell if its my problem not being able to see him as anything other than the comedian or if he is a bad actor. I am just not buying it.

I also am having a hard time with the children swap. I did research and it really didn't seem like it was a thing back in the day. But more importantly, I just can't see a black family doing it. Noah Hawley is the sh*t but I am not sure he can just write black characters like he does all the other characters he created. Or to put another way the young black girl in the show is my momma's age and I can't help but think this looks nothing like I know of black people from this period. Even the scene with Doctor Senator and the white guy meeting in the dinner, given the time period I don't think that ever would have happened.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"