Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectRE: LOL so true.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=730164&mesg_id=731246
731246, RE: LOL so true.
Posted by dgonsh, Fri Aug-17-18 05:32 PM
>>RE: I kept picturing places i've worked and Tom coming in as
>management
>>from out of nowhere, and being clueless and awful, and just
>>hating him
>
>Pretty sure most if not all of us can relate to that.
>

I saw someone compare tom to being a hybrid of Peyton Manning and Brendan Fraser and I honestly haven't been able to take him seriously since haha. seriously though, i only like him when he gets serious for a minute like the "pour it back in the bottle" scene or when he pushed greg around while out for a run before the wedding. but i get that him being a doofus is what allows the payoff when he gets serious.

>
>>none of these people ever even mention the thousands of
>people
>>who work for them. even when Roman thought people were
>likely
>>dead, he couldn't see past himself.
>
>You know you're right. I mean the explosion situation was the
>obvious one, but the entire season not a single one of them
>mentioned their employees/workers. I'd imagine that was on
>purpose and is pretty standard procedure for people like
>them.
>

did i notice the girl working for Stewie and Kendall was the one Logan fired with the lot when they tried the hostile takeover? pretty much any underling -- save for my girl J Smith Cameron/Gerri -- basically get no attention from the Roys.

yeah these people are ruthless. they dont care about anyone. they abuse anyone they can. they pay off the waiter for getting abused and he ends up dead cause even Kendall abuses him.

>
>>Tom's a pretty great character though. i agree for the
>reasons
>>you mentioned
>
>Yea he was great. And also hysterical. Like I laughed at so
>many of his antics even though he is an awful person. Though I
>think he's far less awful than most other characters. Think
>the scene where Shiv disclosed her affair was what sold me, I
>was like "OK this dude's not *that* terrible" haha. You could
>feel the dude's soul being snatched, the actor (not sure his
>name) played that moment really really well.

i liked the episode where he takes greg around to show him how great being rich is. it helped the audience remember that they're not rooting for this guy to succeed/not get cheated on by shiv. he's just as bad as the Roys. They were born into it. He WANTS it. He doesn't love Shiv anymore than she doesn't love him. He swallows his own seed the second he gets a chance in "Prague"