Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI enjoyed the first, the second was questionable
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=729961&mesg_id=732278
732278, I enjoyed the first, the second was questionable
Posted by Paps_Smear, Mon Oct-22-18 09:10 AM
I know a lot of people shit on Rob Zombies first Halloween because it explained too much on why Michael was evil. In the original he came from what looks like a nice upper class family, he was just pure evil with no explanation. Since Zombies movie was sort of a re telling I didn't mind that we got to see that side of him as a kid.

The second movie had me hype as hell at the beginning. That hospital scene was absolutely brutal and I thought I was in for a ride. After that dream sequence I found the main character to be insufferable and honestly was waiting for her to just die and let her friend be the survivor in this film. It felt too much like a Rob Zombie music video instead of a Halloween flick. That white horse shit was ridiculous and should have been left out. Felt like a cheap attempt to have his wife in another movie. The ending was awful as well. Still I suffer though the movie just to watch that opening sequence because it's so well done.