Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectYeah. I blame less the CGi folks tho
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=729549&mesg_id=729551
729551, Yeah. I blame less the CGi folks tho
Posted by BigReg, Thu May-17-18 12:44 PM
Much of it is on the script: kinda unfair to have a scene like

EXT. OUTERSPACE, ON TOP OF THE STARSHIP ENTERPRISE
(Capt.Kirk wearing Hulkbuster armor runs across the bow of the ship while shooting plasma bolts at space demons)

And expect it to be realistic and unnoticeable CGI. It’s a balance.

For instance in BP that Korea Kill Bill scene is currently my favorite action scene this year. Even though CGI was used at times (BP transforming and climbing up the rafters) but you had so much movement and comedy (the wig throwing) with three major characters having very well-choreographed fights at the same time,.

But it’s juxtaposed with a generic car chase scene right afterwards where the big ‘Oh snap!’ moment was pretty much an xbox game where he kinetic energies a car and flips perfectly to continue the fight. Id rather have a solid but fun shootout, chase than have that (but then again, Im someone of a certain age who by this point has seen thousands of films).

Or the most egregious; why have all the CGI people dancing in the mountain during the ceremonies? Couldn’t we have just hired a bunch of extras to just stand on a platform with a minimal amount of CGI

But I feel like with a movie that got so many hard things ‘right’ it’s like critiquing the first two Godfathers for continuity errors, lol.