Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectThat's the thing, we gotta remove ourselves from all the history
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=729055&mesg_id=729199
729199, That's the thing, we gotta remove ourselves from all the history
Posted by BigReg, Sun Apr-29-18 08:42 PM
Like Game of Thrones had it's major plot points up until the last year or so written out in novel form decades in advance. It would't be fair to be like, 'Ugh, Red Wedding, this again? Couldn't they have made it different? We know this shit (although, ironically enough the tv version was even more vicious, lol).

Like you, I felt disappointed when I saw Panther 'disappear' cause I knew what was gonna happen. But at the same time, I got into my feels on Spiderman basically begging for his life even though both characters are ultimately covered in platinum plot armor.

Could it be because the filmmakers just gave Spidey a much more effective death and just got lazy with the others (imagine if BP had a scene where he told his sister to watch over the kingdom how dope it would have been for the future of the franchise and to make his death mean something). I hope that's why I felt, like you, the deaths were missing some oompth.

However

If its because the general plot points are in our DNA and we effectively sat in those seats and were like, 'Amuse me bitch, ive been reading this things for decades and even though I loved the original story ya better come up with something new'. then its kinda our fault isn't it?