Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectYeah, a lot to unpack. Thoughts:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=729055&mesg_id=729197
729197, Yeah, a lot to unpack. Thoughts:
Posted by mrhood75, Sun Apr-29-18 08:34 PM
(sorry if these are echoed elsewhere during the thread):

- "It was the only way..." (c) Dr. Strange. Him going into a trance and exploring all the possible futures has to be the key to the end. He had to see that allowing Thanos to "win" and allow him to eliminate half the population of the universe was going to be the key to eventually defeating him. And setting everything right.

- Thanos is very much the best Marvel villain. And like top two or three of best superhero movie villain ever. He also makes the "apocalyptic movie villain must grand pronouncements about his own greatness and chew scenery whenever he's on the screen" look really fucking cliched and silly at this point.

- Something that I didn't notice but that my 10-year-old nephew pointed out is that they're basically down to the original Avengers from the first movie. Remains to be seen if they bring back Hawkeye for the sequel.

- Okay, obviously everyone who got killed via the Infinity Gauntlet is coming back. But for the other "major" characters, I'm guessing only Loki and the Asgardians are staying dead. They tease Gamorra's death in every film she's been in, so I hope her purpose in the MCU films is beyond "someone we can 'kill' to pull at the audience's heart-strings." I also think there's a possibility to bring back Vision, but as the tragically emotionless comic book version of the character from the '90s.

- Because I'm goofy, Thor calling Rocket a rabbit cracked me up every time. Hope there'll be more of it in the sequel.

- Overall, still a very good movie. Certainly not the MCU movie (honestly, it's not better than the first installment of the Avengers, or enough of the other movies) but still very good.