Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectSaw it a second time. Audience notes:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=729055&mesg_id=729178
729178, Saw it a second time. Audience notes:
Posted by spenzalii, Sun Apr-29-18 12:38 AM
Both audiences gasped a bit when Loki got his neck snapped. Everybody clapped when Steve Rogers stepped out of the shadows. There were cheers when Wakanda popped on the screen. There were gasps and silence when Tony was about to bite it (I really thought that was it for him). Tonights audience were almost enraged when they saw BP turn to dust. Both audiences were broken when Pete ashed up. Hell, I knew it was coming and shed a tear, mainly because I had a few days to think about the relationship between Parker and Stark (I am really going to miss Tom Holland playing off RDJ when he hangs it up)

The first night when the credits rolled, everybody was in such shock that it was dead silent, and nobody moved. Tonight's crowd were much more vocal with their disbelief that Thanos won. All I could do is laugh.

Marvel has to be banking on the fact that there are a large number of people that haven't really thought of the fact that movies with some of the deceased have already been announced, so the deaths, while moving, don't mean much. I heard sooooo many people at both viewings that were upset that Black Panther turned to dust, forgetting that his movie just printed a billion dollars and will have a sequel. I suppose being into comics and news on the MCU does change your view, but not everybody, or even the majority, are. So if they wanted a pretty shocking ending that will get the masses? Mission accomplished.