Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectThat movie was phenomenal. Some thoughts:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=729055&mesg_id=729151
729151, That movie was phenomenal. Some thoughts:
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Fri Apr-27-18 04:12 PM
-one of the quietest exits to a movie I've been a part of in a long time.

-there were no lulls in this flick. It wasn't quite like "Dark Knight" holding my breath, but maybe because there were still some jokes and levity at certain parts.

-Marvel did a masterful job at the world-building and character development of these characters.

-as a Marvel fan since I was a kid, these movies made me care about characters I've never fucked with on any level (Captain America, Dr. Strange, Ant-Man, Thor, Loki) or didn't even know existed (Gomorra, Rocket Raccoon).

-I go into the MCU movies thinking I already have favorites. (Black Panther and Cap) are 1A & 1B. And I've always loved Spider-man. Every iteration. But Dr. Strange. I fuck with him. Gomorra? I dug her. Rocket? Nigga what?.

But then there's more. M'Baku, Okoye, Groot, Hulk. So I'm invested in all of these characters and their stories.

-That flick has so many instances when my adult ass is clapping in the theater like a 4-year-old. Thor comes in with that lightning. I'm clapping like a goofball. Spidey does anything, I'm cheering.

-I cannot wait unitl the next one.