Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI saw it, I liked it a lot
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=728622&mesg_id=734063
734063, I saw it, I liked it a lot
Posted by Dae021, Tue Mar-19-19 11:52 AM
I think bammas are in here grading on a curve. Go back to some of those other films, they didn't age well.

The 90's music piece I enjoyed. I think folks look at anything other than pure score as forced. I enjoyed the No doubt, the Hole, The Nirvana, I enjoyed ALL of it.

The action was good, and it started early and I was into the film.

I have NO CLUE why everyone is so against Brie Larson. Outside of her forced Action Stance when she was about to give you the glowing hands I liked her smart ass schtick, I liked her thing with Lashana Lynch the Chocolatey Goodness of Maria Rambeaux. Would've liked to have seen more between them, but i'm ok with it especially because that shit was a solid 2 hours.

I liked turning the Skrulls on its head. I liked how powerful Carol is, and having her sort of realize she was the baddest on the block in fight was very cool to me.

The buddycop routine worked for me. The eye thing was stupid, but that wouldn't detract from my enjoyment of the film.

All in all I thought it was a good introduction to an incredibly powerful character who is very important moving forward.