Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectThis is a good flick
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=728622&mesg_id=733870
733870, This is a good flick
Posted by nipsey, Fri Mar-08-19 01:58 AM
Like Frank says above, it's a middle of the pack MCU flick, but to me, that makes it above average compared to other non-MCU comic book flicks. It was enjoyable enough. I liked the chemistry between Carol and Nick. This Nick Fury was a lot of fun. He was funny, less cynical and less jaded than the Fury we saw starting with Iron Man. Which makes perfect sense. He must have seen some things in the 13 years since meeting Carol Danvers that made him the guy he currently is in the MCU. The "twist" was serviceable. The Marvel Fanfare was awesome. As was Stan Lee's cameo. It's clear that Captain Marvel is the most powerful hero in the MCU and I feel like Okoye in talking about Scarlet Witch. Where was Carol this whole time? Could have used her when the Chitari attacked New York. This movie obviously answers this question, but I'm like, "Dude! The Avengers could have used her!"

If I had to give the film a grade, I would give it a B-. It wasn't great, but it was serviceable.