Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI am not a fan of this movie.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=728172&mesg_id=735542
735542, I am not a fan of this movie.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Wed Aug-14-19 04:26 PM
And I am usually a QT defender around these parts. I thought the first two-thirds of the Hateful 8 was right there with the best thing QT has ever done.

the final moments of this movie were like the last third of Hateful 8 which I think is the worst thing QT has ever done in a movie.

But man this movie was boring AF. I am not a fan of Old Hollywood Nostalgia and to be honest it didn't have enough of it to make it worthwile.

I think the Bruce Lee controversy is waay overrated but if anything the movie needed more moments like that. Everyone from old hollywood should have showed up (or maybe they did but I don't know enough about that area to see it. Anyway, who cares besides die hards Hollywood nerds).

Shame because Leo and Brad were awesome.

This movie was also missing something that all QT's movies usually have (except for Death Proof). Like a crispness of dialogue. Pacing of action. An overindulgence.

Had me wondering if Harvey Weinstein was the only person in Hollywood who could tell QT to edit his stuff.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"