Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectthat was a dope-ass 100th episode. hats off to everyone @ AoS
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=726978&mesg_id=728347
728347, that was a dope-ass 100th episode. hats off to everyone @ AoS
Posted by araQual, Sun Mar-11-18 08:21 AM
wow what a fucking emotional ep tho.
Phil finally letting his walls down, being emotionally honest with his family (which May poignantly reminds him isn't just a 'team').
his multiple showdowns with Daisy.
the psychological mindfuck of fake-Deathlok making him re-examine EVERYTHING.

i cried like a little bitch.
for like, at least a quarter of the entire runtime lol.

was SO psyched to see J. August Richards make the cut, and absolutely CRUSH the small amount of screen time he got. that man has been one of my favourite actors on the small screen since he was killin it as Charles Gunn on "Angel".

i'm pretty sure i heard FitzSimmons fans worldwide heave a huge sigh of relief lol. they finally got hitched. whether or not this means the writers will find even MORE reason to fuck with them? we'll see.

i think everyone guessed Deke was gonna end up being related to the SHIELD team sumhow (also his little bits with Deathlok in b/w the wedding were fucking hilarious). he needs to stick around. he is the perfect snappy mouthpiece for that classic Whedonesque dialogue.

so are we really gonna lose Coulson? the show made a pretty awesome statement about him being the heart of SHIELD. i mean he was present for every step of the MCU leading up to Avengers 1. and he was absolutely PIVOTAL in that film in rallying the troops and bringing them all together. he's the reason the Avengers even avenge things. i think the writers did good on reminding all of us that Phil's technically the human beating heart of this whole decade-long Marvel project. and to have him be completely sidelined from the MCU, not even MENTIONED post-Avengers, must be so insulting to Clark on a personal level. we also got one of the most direct references to the MCU in a long time with fake-Deathlok mentioning Loki's scepter.

with this ridiculous rift b/w tv and movie depts, everyone loses out. but i am so glad i've been along for the ride. i think Coulson's gotta be one of the greatest characters i've ever seen in either film or tv: completely selfless, all about the greater good, believes in SHIELD when SHIELD isn't even a thing anymore, goes through the trauma of dying and coming back and uses it to make his second chance count, acts as mentor, confidant, leader and father figure to a team that became his family, often willing to sacrifice himself. like, he's got more superhero qualities than the superheroes imo. he's the embodiment of SHIELD at its purest and idealistic. he makes u wanna believe that evil shit doesn't have to always triumph.

i really hope this isn't the last season.

V.