Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectCan someone explain
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=726483&mesg_id=726593
726593, Can someone explain
Posted by spenzalii, Sun Dec-17-17 03:38 PM
The underground pool? It was cool, and I suppose it harkened back to the cave Luke went in and faced his fear (Vader), but I missed the point of it here. It looked cool, for sure, but it didn't do much for Rey or the story, except possibly tell her (and us) there was no backstory to her parents?

Overall, I thought the movie was dope, the class issues it brought up were cool (even if it did slow down the movie with that mission subplot), the idea that anyone can use the force and spark the rebellion is nice, and Legendary Luke was dope (even if it meant he had to die, which I get). Star Lord Leia was bogus, but hating on Carey Fisher is impossible, so... And I just barely noted the kid and the broom, and wondered if I saw what I thought I saw. Thanks for the confirmation here.

Whoever said the throne room looked like a Missy Elliott video set was spot on. Dope scene though. The Porgs and Darth BB-8 were pure and obvious merchandising ploys, but you have to expect that.