Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI don't know how I feel about the film. I don't think I liked it.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=726483&mesg_id=726542
726542, I don't know how I feel about the film. I don't think I liked it.
Posted by Sleepy, Sat Dec-16-17 12:18 AM
I did need to comment on 2 of these comments though.
>the constant jokes, need for levity, and cutesy lil ferbie
>fuckers, ya stop it. I did fuck with the folk whom's habitat
>Rey kept fucking up tho

Okay, I liked the little cute creatures. They were hilarious. However, I didn't care for the humor in this film. It felt too forced, and not organic for characters not known to have a sense of humor.
>
>Leia supermanning back to the ship, come the fuck on B

YES!!!! I can't say that enough. I think that was the moment when I rolled my eyes. Primarily while we have known that Leia has been force-sensitive, this was too unbelievable. Especially considering we have not seen this ability by any other characters that are much more strong in the force. Mace Windu getting thrown out of window in particular comes to mind. I don't think Leia added much to the story after that part.

>I agree with some one above that it seems they don't know what
>to do with Finn

This too. They haven't quite figured out who his character is.

The whole thing was just too damn long. I just think that they didn't introduce any new characters that have a lasted impression. That's a problem for a movie at more that 2.5 hours.

Even Poe's development didn't really tell us more about the character that we didn't know. Kylo Ren and Rey had their characters really fleshed out.

Also, is it me, or was Captain Phasma's character completely unnecessary. She had NO impact on either of the films she was in.

For the body count in this film, I don't think there were any significant deaths outside of Snoke and Luke.