Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectLOVED it, but botched the fuck out of Snoke. Lame set too imo.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=726483&mesg_id=726527
726527, LOVED it, but botched the fuck out of Snoke. Lame set too imo.
Posted by Jon, Fri Dec-15-17 03:38 PM
That was really the best they could come up with for the mysterious dark force lord who infiltrated Kylo's mind and set this whole thing in motion?

Just making him some anonymous shit-talking foil?

Rhian Johnson made an overall incredible and bold as hell film, but i'm almost insulted by his "your snoke theory sucks" picture, when literally every snoke theory i've read on the internet is better than his Snoke "answer."

And how lame is this guy to vocally narrate Kylo's move to kill him without realizing he's the one being targeted?

Dude was reduced to a clown... And his throne room looked like an unfinished set for a Missy Elliot video. That stuff and having Luke die needlessly (as yet another unnecessarily-self-referencing move by the movie about the movie, preaching the fuck out of "we want to go young with our franchise, yall have to let the past die so we can move on") were my only real complaints of an otherwise amazing movie. I liked space-float princess, and I LOVED Canto Bight.

Luke should have survived. Snoke should have mattered. JJ Abrams better give us an epic kick-ass Ghost Luke in 2019.

Obiwan told Vader he'd become unimaginably powerful if struck down, he was struck down, and never did shit. He popped in on Luke a couple times and sat on a log. Yoda at least blew up a tree. JJ can finally show us what this "unimaginably powerful" force ghost shit is all about. He better fucking do it. I love Rey, Finn and all, but that shit's nothing compared to Luke Skywalker riding in on a white Fathier to wipe out the evil.