Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectaside from Lip, most of those strories fell flat to me
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=726086&mesg_id=731685
731685, aside from Lip, most of those strories fell flat to me
Posted by Mynoriti, Sat Sep-15-18 03:17 PM
>Everything about that is interesting to me, though I don't
>care for Sierra. I like the subtle, yet glaring sexual tension
>between him and Cammy.

Man, I have a thing for Sierra. Who's Cammy?

I think one of the things that's bugging me about this show recently (even going into the new season since i can't stop watching) is aside from them running out of things to do, they seem to feel an obligation to push progressive messages, while still trying to maintain their Shameless edge. Like, here's an anti-trump group of poor/working class whites. And that would be perfectly fine if it didn't come off so obvious. A counter example is i occasionally will watch Blue Bloods (not a good show but..), and aside from them always tyying to mimic current events to counter what they feel is an anti-cop sentiment, they'll run really blatant "liberals-are-clueless" type themes. The daughter will be in class and the professer will be talking FDR, with her Che Guevara poster on the wall and of course she's a horrible human being who can't be reasoned with. I'm not saying Shameless is being THAT corny with it, but I'm getting the same "forced" vibe.