Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectit really was
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=723899&mesg_id=726580
726580, it really was
Posted by araQual, Sun Dec-17-17 02:34 AM
soon as random chick said "eses" i was like naaaaaaahhh can't be. i even answered Darlene's question before he could lol. this can only mean good things (i think). well, good in that we get more of those surreal Vera x Elliot confabs. i remember speaking highly of how well-written and portrayed of a "villain" he was, and how fascinating he is to watch (even though he's the piece of shit who killed Shayla, but as a character? he's worth having in the line-up).
the Price/Angela reveal has been well talked about in the fan community since the beginning, so while it wasn't a big surprise, it was kinda nice, if only to know Price was actually caring about another flesh and blood human being other than himself.
Mac Quayle's scores have been exceptional this season, and the finale had such a pulsating lifeforce of its own, it actually gives u the same sense of scope of watching a sci fi space epic. which i'm starting to think is not coincidental, considering the never-ending references to messing with the timeline (the Supes scene really hit it home, and yet another BTTF reference with the Alderson family photos).
all of this ties into Whiterose's vision, which Esmail has repeatedly said will NOT have anything to do with "time travel". but all of her activities are still consistent with someone who may have the ability to do a BTTFII: change something in the timeline from the past, creating a tangent universe (and u can throw in multiverse theory in there somewhere). maybe Whiterose thinks she can create these tangential realities, and by doing so reconnect with dead acquaintances and loved ones who are still alive in one particular tangent universe or another...?
ow, my head.
but i've called it for the record all up n down this seasons post.
i still think it's all some kinda combo of cern-ish related quantum computing, smashing of particles, mk ultra mind control (multiple compartmentalised personalities/alters created from extreme on-purpose trauma), cryptocurrencies, artificial intelligence & the mandela effect (or the fucking-with of the timeline resulting in different realities). i think overtly and covertly, it's feeding off a lot of the current hot topics in the world (anyone see the quick rise of Sophia the A.I. all over the web lately?). the show's overall depiction of where we are currently at as a species, reflects back to us as coming off very Matrixy, very false-reality. the genius is that its only a reflection of our "real" world. we all live in a virtual reality of some description.
a simulacra.

i loved how we pretty much had all the main players, past and present, converge in this finale. BUT...where the fuck was Wellick? we didn't even get a single scene with him.

V.