Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectProtonMail, CERN & Trenton's email
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=723899&mesg_id=726258
726258, ProtonMail, CERN & Trenton's email
Posted by araQual, Mon Dec-04-17 08:04 PM
"ProtonMail is an end-to-end encrypted email system founded at CERN in 2013. This service uses public-key cryptography, and symmetric encryption; thus a user must authenticate with a password (symmetric and known by the service), and use a different password to decrypt their mailbox (private and unknown by the service). Elliott receives a dead man's switch email from Trenton at his personal ProtonMail mailbox:

To: elliotalderson@protonmail.ch

I may have found a way to undo the hack. I've been investigating Romero. He installed hardware keyloggers on all the machines at the arcade some time before five/nine. The NYPD imaged all of his data after he was murdered. I was able to get this chain of custody doucment from the NYPD when they prepared to transfer the evidence to the FBI. They couldn't get into the encrypted keylogger containers. If Romero somehow got a hold of the keys, or even the seed data and source code for the encryption tools, the answer might be in those keylogger captures, but the FBI probably has those files now.

107.72 KB 1 file attached
Romero NYPD chain of custody.pdf

An e-mail sent to Trenton will automatically generate a response that is identical to the e-mail sent to Elliot, except the attachment"
---

CERN? another reference to fucking with the building blocks of the universe, and possibly with reality itself? and we did see Whiterose next to what looked like a large hardron collider, particle accelerator or quantum computer while at the Washington Township plant.

y'all gonna start paying attention to this sci fi angle now or nah? it's pretty much been right in our face all season. again, not necessarily time travel, but definitely on some parallel universe shit. which involves quantum computing. which involves artificial intelligence. which involves crypto-currencies.

V.