Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectcould it all be about A.I. and the crypto-currency war?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=723899&mesg_id=725833
725833, could it all be about A.I. and the crypto-currency war?
Posted by araQual, Mon Nov-13-17 10:11 AM
if y'all can do me the courtesy of following me down the rabbit hole for a sec if u plz.

i randomly came across this video of a dude named Quinn Michaels. he's a mathematician (among other things) and has experience working with artificial intelligence systems.
he also oddly has the same build, voice and rhythms as Elliot fucking Alderson lol.
then he starts speaking. and i felt like he was describing the larger plot of Mr. Robot. the A.I. angle was what sealed the deal. i think it may help explain some of the sci-fi ish shit we've been kinda presented with here n there. also in terms of the nature of the show itself, it makes the most narrative sense. and most obviously, the damn TITLE OF THE SHOW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSn7Iomisyc.

Elliot's described his (our) world as a "virtual reality horror show" this season. the whole premise of the show since jump revolves around warping the viewer's sense of reality, mostly cos we have an unreliable narrator at the helm. maybe it's analogous to a larger story about world powers fucking with humanity via A.I. they created and currently control. and that every move people like Price and Whiterose make, especially including the crypto-currency shit, is in aid of serving this god-like A.I. or to have power over it.
their control, and the A.I.'s massive influence on humanity, is our unreliable narrator, feeding us different forms of bullshit. therefore the constant paranoid thick heavy feeling you get watching this show. feels like it's all designed to tell the viewer something ain't quite right with the world.

i don't think this theory would've quite worked with the previous 2 seasons, but with everything that's happened so far in s3, it *sounds* like a viable story option. and, yknow, also creepy as all get out for the real world.

V.