Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectBrockmire - Anybody else up on this?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=721176
721176, Brockmire - Anybody else up on this?
Posted by spenzalii, Wed Apr-12-17 09:11 PM
I'm a fan of Hank Azaria so it's good to see him anchor his own show. So far it's pretty freakin' hilarious (mostly because of his voice and character)
721177, I'm loving this show
Posted by JiggysMyDayJob, Wed Apr-12-17 09:56 PM
Hank is killing it, from the moment it started I was in. He totally channeled some VIn Scully with that open. Peta isn't too bad and I'm loving the kid, i'm really hoping this isn't being slept on.
721180, Some of his one liners are hilarious and the delivery is pitch perfect
Posted by spenzalii, Wed Apr-12-17 11:52 PM
Comic timing is just about perfect too. I'm in
721373, Ep. 1 - 3 were great. Ep. 4 was just OK
Posted by spenzalii, Fri Apr-21-17 11:09 AM
They probably could have mined more out of Brockmire seeing his wife than whipping the crowd into a fight frenzy. Still some good stuff in the ep.
721385, Never been a huge fan of Azaria outside the Simpsons, but this
Posted by Marauder21, Sat Apr-22-17 09:35 AM
is a REALLY fun show. His cadence just makes every line hilarious.
721644, Probably my favorite new show this year
Posted by spenzalii, Wed May-03-17 10:00 PM
Hank's voice absolutely sells the show
729814, This season was even better than the firrst
Posted by spenzalii, Wed May-30-18 09:27 PM
His eulogy for his father was absolutely brilliant.
729817, I binged the first season a few months ago, dug it.
Posted by Nodima, Thu May-31-18 12:53 AM
I should get up on the second. I'll admit I sometimes struggle with live action comedies that play as broadly as this one does but overall I like Azaria and the baseball-man stuff he says so I can mostly get past it. Also, as a barman and whiskey fan, I get a huge kick out of how prominent Sazerac Rye is in the smalltown Pennsylvania setting. I partly wonder if that influenced the move to New Orleans at all (Sazerac Company is based in New Orleans, though the whiskey is distilled in Kentucky).

~~~~~~~~~
"This is the streets, and I am the trap." � Jay Bilas
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/archive/contributor/517
Hip Hop Handbook: http://tinyurl.com/ll4kzz
738612, This show has a Wire-like ability to change with each season
Posted by navajo joe, Fri May-01-20 06:57 AM
I was initially caught off-guard by the shift in locale and direction in S2 but now I kind of marvel at where this show is at heading into the final episodes of season 4.

I never would have imagined this show now being set in a Verhoevenean near future.

What a ride this has been. It's never matched the hilarity of its first season but the show has been uniformly excellent throughout even as it has become one of the more accurate and pointed satires of our day.
738617, I haven't seen any of Season 4 yet
Posted by rob, Fri May-01-20 03:37 PM
Season 3 was amazing, so I'm excited for it.