Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectYeah, ready to move on from the Chuck part of the story
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=721086&mesg_id=721285
721285, Yeah, ready to move on from the Chuck part of the story
Posted by mrhood75, Tue Apr-18-17 10:52 AM
I've never been one who's believed that the Jimmy stuff is boring and the Mike stuff is the show's sweet spot, but I think the time has come to move the show on from Jimmy vs. Chuck. While I'm happy that Gilligan and crew decided to put the inevitable confrontation over the tape in the second episode, what I would find really insufferable is if they dragged out the court battle and the eventual settlement until the season finale. Mike slowly figuring things out has made good TV; I doubt a protracted trial/negotiation over the name of Jimmy McGill would be particularly enthralling.

And yes, Mike's investigation was awesome. I seriously marked out as soon as I saw Gus' yellow shirt in the background. And when Victor showed up in the SUV. Glad things are taking shape on that front.

One last thing I'll note is that Chuck really didn't know Jimmy. He thought Jimmy would show up to steal from him in the dark of night to protect his own ass. But Jimmy went Godzilla in broad daylight, knowing that Chuck's tape was useless as evidence, because it was the fact that Chuck's own betrayal that angered him the most.