Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectArcher s8 - Dreamland
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=721041
721041, Archer s8 - Dreamland
Posted by kennymack, Fri Apr-07-17 12:50 PM
it seems like this season, or most of it, is a dream sequence Archer has while he's comatose from the events in s7's finale.
721042, Noir. It's dope and still funny
Posted by bwood, Fri Apr-07-17 01:08 PM
They nailed the hard boiled tone but still keeping it humourous.
721045, Like the nod to Woodhouse. Not sure on the vocal pacing yet
Posted by spenzalii, Fri Apr-07-17 09:49 PM
I get the 'noir' aspect, but something about the dialogue between the characters didn't pop as much for me. His exchange with Mallory and with Lana seemed just a beat or two off to be as funny as it could have been.

Or maybe I'm being picky. I'm still going to enjoy this season.
721047, noticed that. but i just considered it part of the dreamland aesthetic
Posted by araQual, Sat Apr-08-17 08:05 AM
probs will take an ep or two to get used to cos they're not all just screaming at each other anymore. u can tell they've all softened their delivery somewhat to fit into Archer's noir fantasy.

V.
721203, and it isn't working at all
Posted by sfMatt, Thu Apr-13-17 09:50 PM
>probs will take an ep or two to get used to cos they're not
>all just screaming at each other anymore. u can tell they've
>all softened their delivery somewhat to fit into Archer's noir
>fantasy.
>
>V.

722081, So this has turned out to be a good season (Spoilers)
Posted by mrhood75, Fri May-19-17 03:54 PM
Like the humor and the dynamics, even if you can see that plot twists coming.

Of course it was going to be Mother who was behind Woodhouse's death in the dream. Or at least someone closely affiliated with her.

And I imagine the season is going to end with Archer finally "going to sleep" in the dream world (he's been complaining the entire time about being up for so long) and then immediately waking up from his coma.
722292, You're joking right?!
Posted by Vertigo, Sun May-28-17 10:12 PM
This is by FAR the worst season they've done. I get that they tried to do something different here, but other than a few bright spots in a few episodes here and there, most of the season was a really, really big dud.

I only hope they stop trying to be so clever next season with the dreamland and vice crap, and just go back to old school seasons 1-3 archer.