Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectapology accepted. my apologies as well for overreacting. let's move on.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=720900&mesg_id=723875
723875, apology accepted. my apologies as well for overreacting. let's move on.
Posted by 3xKrazy, Wed Aug-02-17 04:04 PM
because I do have some genuine questions for you or anyone else who wants to chime in.

>We've both been here for like almost two decades. People have
>gotten pissy over far less, let's be honest.

Yes, but over important real-life shit. Like sports!

>Sure, I completely agree with you. But context matters,
>right? Honest question, were there any flaws in my logic in
>terms of why Tyrion would advise those specific troop
>movements?

No, I don't recall questioning your logic and I don't think the strategy was illogical as much as it was convoluted, or unnecessarily complicated, or merely a strategy that *increased* the chances of encountering negative events.

But we move on.

Just a few issues I want to bring up below. Note that these are more so questions and not statements and I'm willing to concede that I may be wrong on some or all of this.

*It seems like the board has accepted Dany's desire to not be 'Queen of Ashes' (a respectable outlook and consistent with her character) to mean that the *only* direct way to take King's Landing would be via the scorched earth/dragon route. If so, why would Dany tell Jon Snow that she has ample foot soldiers and she doesn't need additional help from the Northern and Wildling army? Would this not imply that she believes her Army could take King's Landing if she chose that route? Even without the North/Wildlings, Dany would have the Dothraki, Unsullied, Dornish and Tyrell armies...wouldn't they greatly outnumber the Lannister army who couldn't even take Riverrun from the Tully's?

*If the strategy is to "lay siege to the city and starve out Cersei and the Lannister Army"...would the innocent civilians not suffer the same fate? How do you starve Cersei and the Army but not the poor civilians?

*The supposed loyalty of the civilians of King's Landing to Cersei:
-Is this the same beloved Cersei who was shamed naked in the streets not too long ago?
-The same Cersei who just recently killed the popular young queen and religious leader? And blew up the Sept and thousands of other innocent civilians along with it?
-The loyal civilians who have been oppressed and abused and mired in poverty since the beginning of the show?
-Interesting how in just this past episode you had Jaime warning Euron about the capricious nature of the civilians. They love you this week and the next week they'll beat you in the streets or something to that effect.

I think these points would suggest that Dany winning over the locals (despite her foreign roots) wouldn't be as impossible as some suggest. Or to the extent that it would force her into risky workaround strategies for taking over KL.

And last one, I know it was discussed earlier in the thread when I mentioned it...but I'm just going off of memory here so please correct me if I'm wrong. But weren't the dragons 'selective' in who they attacked in the battle with the sons of the harpy in the fighting pit as well as the slave owners?