Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectHey, my bad, I'm not trying to antagonize you.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=720900&mesg_id=723819
723819, Hey, my bad, I'm not trying to antagonize you.
Posted by wallysmith, Mon Jul-31-17 09:07 PM
But it's snark on Okayplayer, I'm surprised you're so affected by it. I just felt that the debate was going in circles despite giving what I thought was ample evidence for my positions (and if anything, nothing gets me more fired up than someone questioning my logic).

> you in here battling and getting pissy over a *TV SHOW*????? LOL.

We've both been here for like almost two decades. People have gotten pissy over far less, let's be honest.

(And yes, full disclaimer, I've spent much of my adult life thinking about this story. To me, if there's any TV show worth getting pissy about it, it's this one)

As far as this:

> the only one not understanding the argument is you, as you cannot wrap your head around the fact that wise people understand that they **are not omniscient beings and therefore DON'T HAVE ALL THE INFORMATION** and recognize that there are potential pitfalls to all strategies...and that these potential pitfalls still exist with or without them knowing exactly what they are beforehand! yes it's a novel concept! smart strategists recognize where they might be vulnerable and consider potential worst case scenarios and possible contingency plans. And then analyze the risk/reward before proceeding.

Sure, I completely agree with you. But context matters, right? Honest question, were there any flaws in my logic in terms of why Tyrion would advise those specific troop movements? I felt the show did an adequate job of explaining Dragonstone's maneuvers and I would be in here ranting if they didn't.

I have no problem admitting I'm wrong but if I am wrong show me (with evidence) how I'm wrong.

> I woud respond to the rest of the points/questions in your very long post but you're a total cunt and incapable of having a normal adult discussion so I'm gonna pass on that. feel free to waste the rest of your night typing out a novel long response to this...i won't be reading it. go find another nerd at comic con to pick a fight with cause it's not gonna be me.

I mean, I'm all for having an adult discussion. I don't have the energy to go 30 posts on an ad hominem shitfest these days. Peace to you either way.