Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectAm I the only one who thinks Jon made the inarguably correct
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=720900&mesg_id=723409
723409, Am I the only one who thinks Jon made the inarguably correct
Posted by Cold Truth, Mon Jul-17-17 04:50 PM
choice?

First, if Sansa and Lady Mormont were really about that life, they should have been riding for the Glovers and the other two to meet that same fate. That would have nixed 5 houses from the Stark banner men.

Further, they’d have to completely destroy all those houses and their members from top to bottom, otherwise they’d leave the Lannisters with houses looking for a new flag to fly and an axe to grind.

Jon is thinking big picture and I don’t think he’s neglecting the details in the process. I think the fact that he made it clear that even women would have to fight should have made that crystal clear.

Sansa was talking about how ruthless Cersei is toward her enemies, yet doesn’t seem to gather how important it is for the north to have unity now more than ever. Much like Cersei, she seems too willing to take vengeance in the face of inviting greater collective harm to herself in return.

Jon’s act of mercy was every bit rooted in necessity as it was in altruism, and Sansa seems so caught up in the seeming weakness behind the move that she doesn’t realize that it helps better maintain a position of strength.