Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectyou're being kind
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=719228&mesg_id=719444
719444, you're being kind
Posted by BigWorm, Tue Jan-31-17 01:15 PM
I haven't liked a Tim Burton film since Mars Attacks. And even that one took me two viewings to appreciate. Previously I had liked just about all his films, even and especially Batman Returns.

I didn't like Big Fish (though I know a lot of people did), and everything that I've seen since that one has been just plain bad. It's especially disappointing because each new project SEEMS like it would be good...but it's like I don't want Tim Burton to direct Alice's Adventures in Wonderland--I want the 90s Tim Burton to direct it. Same with Willy Wonka.

I can't say if his version of Sweeny Todd was good or not, because in general I don't find the story of Sweeny Todd enjoyable to watch.

I can't think of another director that made such an abrupt shift in the quality of his films. Some had a misstep here or there, but Burton just went from great director to bad director almost as soon as the 90s became the 2000s.