Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectChicken - Egg. I think they get posted because of your agenda.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=719228&mesg_id=719344
719344, Chicken - Egg. I think they get posted because of your agenda.
Posted by SoulHonky, Wed Jan-25-17 05:11 PM
Nobody really gives a shit about Zach LaVine, Devin Booker or even Andrew Wiggins like OKS does. And we only care because of the agendas on the board.
Agendas drive a majority of posts over there and I think it drove the Night posts here. It's one of the only agendas here outside of Marvel vs. DC.
Without you championing him, I think the Night hate would have died down like the Apatow hate.
---

The QT / Night comparison is kind of silly.

Tarantino was coming off of Jackie Brown and the Kill Bill movies and teamed up with his buddy to make a double-feature with jokey trailers as an homage to the grindhouse movies he loved. In interviews, he'd gush about the films from the past that inspired him.

Night was coming off of The Village and Lady in the Water and declared that The Happening was "the greatest b-movie ever made."

It's really not hard to see why one film was tossed off as a failed experiment and the other was portrayed as the death rattle of a career.