Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI thought it looked pretty bad
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=718581&mesg_id=739440
739440, I thought it looked pretty bad
Posted by handle, Thu Sep-10-20 12:34 PM
Random thoughts:

The Duke's men in formation and the Sardaukar in formation look like anyone of a dozen sci-films. Duke's men seemed like they were in Phantom Menace - the Emperor's seems like they were in The Last Jedi.

Timothy Chamliet doesn't look like Paul to me - I never imagined Paul with an emo haircut.

The shield fighting between Paul and Gurney looked stupid - it was supposed to be about finesse - and they are WILDLY battling.

Duncan Idaho should look like Duncan Man-At-Arms from he Man and The Masters of the universe - not Aquaman.

Paul doesn't sense a crusade - he senses a jihad - did they change that for 9/11??

Zendaya doesn't look like Channi to me - she's waterfat and baby fat. I expect her to be more of a tomboy type.

Javier Bardem doesn't seem like Stilgar in my mind.I always envision a T.E. lawrence/Peter O'toole type.

Helen's voice isn't stern enough. And what's with the fat macrame face covering?

I did not care for the Pink Floyd cover. (Wonder Woman has them beat on a using a cover.)

That part where Paul and Jamis are fighting and Paul hold the knife up to kill Jamis seemed real shaky - I don't buy Timmy having the training or strenght that Paul has at that point.

Oscar Issacs seems 10 years too young to play the Duke to me.

I saw no evidence of who they'll manage the inner dialog that makes the book what the book is.

The recital of the Litany Against Fear seems like the wrong reading of it too.

The sound of the worm was stupid - it was an "Elevator Going Up" keyboard sound, then the sound of someone exhaling.

Wiki says the movie will only cover the first half of the novel??????????????????? So how does it end? he drinks the Water of Life and it says "To be Continued...???"

Oh, I'm going to watch it.