Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectYeah, same here
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=718581&mesg_id=733412
733412, Yeah, same here
Posted by obsidianchrysalis, Wed Jan-30-19 07:43 PM
Blade Runner 2049 is in my top 10 Scifi movies so I really like it alot. And Arrival is probably up there too if I sat and thought about it. So, Villenueve is probably the best director out there to tackle this movie.

While I saw Dune when I was really young and started to read the book when I was in high school, it became clear that there are A LOT of moving parts and intricacies to the plot.

It'll take a lot of whittling and rewrites to get the story down into something halfway workable for a movie. (although I'm sure if this movie does well, there'll be sequels setup.)

The cast looks interesting.

Issac is a really good actor, and I hope this role allows him to really display his range.

I'm not too excited about Chammalet. But that's because I couldn't stand his character in the Oscar movie from last year. But he seems to be a good actor. I'm just not won over to his camp yet. I'm sure he'll be fine tho.

I'm rooting for the project to be a success, especially after Blade Runner 2049 not connecting with people, but I'm keeping my powder dry until the teaser comes out.