Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectThe greatest thing about that scene...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=718105&mesg_id=722577
722577, The greatest thing about that scene...
Posted by wallysmith, Wed Jun-07-17 10:00 AM
... is that it finally firmly established Nora and Matt as *family*. The first time we see them together they chew each other out and say some really fucked up things. Then a lot of plot related stuff since then but never have we really felt like these two characters *grew up* with each other.

We finally got that in that scene and it really comes full circle for them.

And as for Nora...

(I meant to make this post before the finale but work got too crazy this past week)

I've always thought Nora the character was brilliantly written and acted, arguably the best in the show, amongst a ton of competition. My problem with Nora the person (moreso this season) has been that it's hard to empathize with her. I fully maintain that she's suffered the most of any character so I'm fine with her constant simmering anger at the world.

What's difficult to fathom is how much of a killjoy she is. She has such a strict adherence to what she feels is truth/justice/the american way that she doesn't care who gets bulldozed in pursuit of that. And I understand that mentality as I'm the same way... but only up to a point. She had that perverse desire this season to shit on anyone pursuing an un-truth, whether or not it was doing any harm. That was my problem with her.