Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectThis is definitely going to be a long week's wait.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=718105&mesg_id=722321
722321, This is definitely going to be a long week's wait.
Posted by wallysmith, Tue May-30-17 12:38 AM
My thoughts...

The reflective surfaces represent Kevin's duality: the difference between saying what he thinks he wants and what he *actually* wants (why everyone is so skeptical when he says he just wants to "go home"). The different colored clothes and the facial hair represent this too.

He never really knew where "home" was, and when faced with the actual reality of Home (with Nora) he panics. He's never fully opened up with her, never let himself be fully vulnerable. But in this place, he literally opened up his own heart once he realized he fucked up with Nora.

I basically consider the rest of the whole President stuff as the writers having one last fun hurrah with the series, haha (timely as shit too... nuclear war with Russia? Curious what the writing timetable was... before or after the election?)

I wonder if we'll ever get more of an "answer" with Grace's kids and their shoes. That little arc feels somehow missing something... but maybe that's the point.

LOVED the scene with Evie. She was visibly affected when given her father's message to her... and this confirms that, sad as it is, Evie died with regret. She understood the repercussions of the drone strike and she didn't meet it with steely resolve but rather with tears in her eyes.

That whole thing with Meg and David Burton/God though... yeah, I have no idea with that one. Your guess is as good as mine!

And Christopher Sunday... too bad we didn't get more scenes with him but he was hilariously profound in what we did get, haha.

(Sidenote: After typing all this out, I'm suddenly struck with the notion that I think Laurie dies. I know that was the implication from last episode, but I was hoping they left it open ended so she could return in the finale. This really bums me out for some reason).